5 out of 5 stars – Terrific plots and plenty of chills and thrills
13 tales of terror.
13 tales that will have you reaching for the nightlight before you go to bed tonight.
The Man from the Road
A fat, yellow, full moon filled the sky. It lit up the world, casting shadows everywhere; but what was that lurking in the shadows? Shapeless things with dark, red, shiny eyes–things that were watching a man, as he walked down a road, alone. This man ignored the shadow creatures the best he could, and tried to figure out where he was, and why he was here. He had no idea of how he had come to be on this road, in such a dead haunted place.
He started to walk forward, and something stopped him, abruptly.
He turned to his left, and across a nearby field he saw an explosive fire licking at the starry sky with a hell-filled red tongue. The fire seemed to taste the evil in the night, and burn brighter because of it.
The man trained his eyes on the fire, as if he was drawn to it by some unseen force; and then he saw them. There were people dancing around the fire, circling it, chanting out loud in a ritualistic way.
The man moved towards the field, ever so careful to stay out of the shadows and stay in the light; because whatever lurked in those shadows was creeping up to the edge of the black, waiting for the man to slip into the shadows by mistake. They would have him then, and they needed him because they lusted for just a taste of his warm, soft, human flesh.
The man slipped into a tangle of bushes that were basking in the glow of the moon, careful that he remained in the light, but hidden from the fire dancers. The thorns on the bush cut into him, but the man was so consumed by what he was seeing that he didn’t even notice the pain or the trickling blood. When this blood fell onto the ground, the earth he was standing on licked it up with a dark, evil, greed . . .
The stories in this chilling collection are as follows.
1. The Man from the Road: A man suddenly appears on a road. He’s lost, confused, no clue as to how he got there. He starts to walk and stops suddenly. There’s a bonfire in a field nearby. He sees people dancing around this fire. They are performing some kind of ritual. He turns to flee, but he’s captured. No chance of escape. He hopes he is only dreaming, because all of this seems a bit too real.
2. The Living Sand: Two boys discover a hidden beach and the evil deadly secrets that lie within its soft white grains of sand.
3. SHe: A monster stalks the city of Tampa Bay. This monster is only attacking women taking only the one thing it needs. Tim Roberts, a detective, is hot on this monster’s trail. Will he catch this monster in time or will this monster feed until it has its fill? Be careful Tim, this monster has a secret yet to be revealed.
4. A Zombie Christmas: Three men risk life and limb in a Zombie Apocalypse in order to bring happiness to surviving kids on Christmas Morning.
5. Need to Feed: Another year. Another massacre looming. When the sun rises on the Old West town of Saltwater Junction this town will face head on two fierce predators. Vampires who stalk you in the sunlight and werewolves that transform with the sunrise. This short story rewrites the legends and all you’ve ever known about these creatures of the night. Where do you go when there’s no place left to hide?
6. A Haunted House Tale: Five college students on Halloween night set out to discover the secrets of the town’s most infamous haunted house. Will these students live to see the morning or will this house claim five more victims?
7. A Zombie Thanksgiving: A woman risks life and limb in a Zombie Apocalypse in order to keep the Thanksgiving tradition alive.
8. Sandy and The Stranger: A road racing champion meets his match in the form of a stranger who may or may not be the ghost of James Dean himself.
9. Demon Energy: A short story about 1 man possessed and tormented by a 1000 demons who must fight for a soul he is starting to lose. Will he ever find salvation or is his body now an eternal host of hell?
10. Killer Treads: A short story about a man who sees a flashy ad online advertising a twenty dollar treadmill. He buys the machine, too cheap to be scared, and realizes much to his dismay that this machine has a taste for blood. Big Bob better run like his life depends on it because in many ways it does.
11. A Zombie New Year’s Eve: Becky and Joe are separated in a Zombie Apocalypse and risk life and limb in order to reunite for their New Year’s Eve kiss.
12. Joyride: A Joyride in a Chevy Chevelle. The car was just sitting there for the taking. What could possibly go wrong? Vinnie and Mike are about to find out what can and will go wrong once they turn the key. Evil awaits.
13. A Vampire at Christmas: A Vampire uses his riches and immortal skills to bring joy to those in need during the Christmas Season.