5 out of 5 stars – Terrific plots and plenty of chills and thrills
13 tales of terror.
13 tales that will have you reaching for the nightlight before you go to bed tonight.
The Living Sand
Seth waited a moment outside of the cave, as he checked his scared nerves, and looked into the darkness in front of him. He could hear the drips and drops, the wet squishy sounds that only the interior of a cave can make while he stood there. He could also hear Junior’s tennis shoes smacking the hard-surfaced floor, echoing throughout the cave as he explored. Suddenly and without warning, the flashlight Junior had been holding went out; and Junior evaporated into the black.
“Junior!” Seth screamed. Nothing, just his own ghostly echo screaming back at him. He bit his lip, and trying not to think about Vampire Crypts or Werewolf Lairs or the Hammer Horror movies he and Junior liked to watch every Saturday, he stepped into the cool dark cave.
Junior launched out of the darkness in front of him the second Seth made his way inside. The flashlight was back on, the light pointed upwards making Junior’s face look like a creepy goblin at Halloween.
“Boo!” Junior screamed as Seth jumped backward, farting as he did. It was a fart that echoed throughout the cave. “Shit your pants. Frady cat. Bet you did. Hope mama packed some extra shorts for you,” he replied, laughing hysterically.
“Junior, you bastard, don’t you ever do that to me again! You just about gave me a heart attack.”
“Sorry man. I just couldn’t help it. You know how I get around little frady cats like you.” He punched Seth on the shoulder . . .
The stories in this chilling collection are as follows.
1. The Man from the Road: A man suddenly appears on a road. He’s lost, confused, no clue as to how he got there. He starts to walk and stops suddenly. There’s a bonfire in a field nearby. He sees people dancing around this fire. They are performing some kind of ritual. He turns to flee, but he’s captured. No chance of escape. He hopes he is only dreaming, because all of this seems a bit too real.
2. The Living Sand: Two boys discover a hidden beach and the evil deadly secrets that lie within its soft white grains of sand.
3. SHe: A monster stalks the city of Tampa Bay. This monster is only attacking women taking only the one thing it needs. Tim Roberts, a detective, is hot on this monster’s trail. Will he catch this monster in time or will this monster feed until it has its fill? Be careful Tim, this monster has a secret yet to be revealed.
4. A Zombie Christmas: Three men risk life and limb in a Zombie Apocalypse in order to bring happiness to surviving kids on Christmas Morning.
5. Need to Feed: Another year. Another massacre looming. When the sun rises on the Old West town of Saltwater Junction this town will face head on two fierce predators. Vampires who stalk you in the sunlight and werewolves that transform with the sunrise. This short story rewrites the legends and all you’ve ever known about these creatures of the night. Where do you go when there’s no place left to hide?
6. A Haunted House Tale: Five college students on Halloween night set out to discover the secrets of the town’s most infamous haunted house. Will these students live to see the morning or will this house claim five more victims?
7. A Zombie Thanksgiving: A woman risks life and limb in a Zombie Apocalypse in order to keep the Thanksgiving tradition alive.
8. Sandy and The Stranger: A road racing champion meets his match in the form of a stranger who may or may not be the ghost of James Dean himself.
9. Demon Energy: A short story about 1 man possessed and tormented by a 1000 demons who must fight for a soul he is starting to lose. Will he ever find salvation or is his body now an eternal host of hell?
10. Killer Treads: A short story about a man who sees a flashy ad online advertising a twenty-dollar treadmill. He buys the machine, too cheap to be scared, and realizes much to his dismay that this machine has a taste for blood. Big Bob better run like his life depends on it because in many ways it does.
11. A Zombie New Year’s Eve: Becky and Joe are separated in a Zombie Apocalypse and risk life and limb in order to reunite for their New Year’s Eve kiss.
12. Joyride: A Joyride in a Chevy Chevelle. The car was just sitting there for the taking. What could possibly go wrong? Vinnie and Mike are about to find out what can and will go wrong once they turn the key. Evil awaits.
13. A Vampire at Christmas: A Vampire uses his riches and immortal skills to bring joy to those in need during the Christmas Season.