5 out of 5 stars – Terrific plots and plenty of chills and thrills
13 tales of terror.
13 tales that will have you reaching for the nightlight before you go to bed tonight.
A Zombie Thanksgiving
Dawn turned away, and decided to pick through the back of the store the best she could, stabbing the heads of the dead bodies that remained while she worked. It was tough going, but amongst the broken pallets, the turned-over shelves, the crushed and broken supplies, she managed to find several cans of green beans, oyster crackers, chips, water, turkey jerky, several boxes of dried mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. More to choose from back here than upfront, which was good, but still not enough. She didn’t just want this feast to work, she wanted it to be grand, like the ones she had growing up. It may sound absurd to most folks, in a time like this, worrying about something like this; but a Thanksgiving meal meant everything to her. She had to have it, and she wasn’t going to give up until she did.
Dawn slipped her bag off her back, and kneeled down on the floor. She opened it, and found room for a can of green beans, the chips, turkey jerky, a box of mac and cheese, and a box of dried mashed potatoes.
With her bag now fat and heavy, she decided to call it a day. She got up onto her feet, grunted at the weight of the bag on her shoulders, and then made her way towards the break room, listening for sounds of shuffling, listening for anything that didn’t sound normal. The world at large was still silent; and she was glad for that . . .
The stories in this chilling collection are as follows.
1. The Man from the Road: A man suddenly appears on a road. He’s lost, confused, no clue as to how he got there. He starts to walk and stops suddenly. There’s a bonfire in a field nearby. He sees people dancing around this fire. They are performing some kind of ritual. He turns to flee, but he’s captured. No chance of escape. He hopes he is only dreaming, because all of this seems a bit too real.
2. The Living Sand: Two boys discover a hidden beach and the evil deadly secrets that lie within its soft white grains of sand.
3. SHe: A monster stalks the city of Tampa Bay. This monster is only attacking women taking only the one thing it needs. Tim Roberts, a detective, is hot on this monster’s trail. Will he catch this monster in time or will this monster feed until it has its fill? Be careful Tim, this monster has a secret yet to be revealed.
4. A Zombie Christmas: Three men risk life and limb in a Zombie Apocalypse in order to bring happiness to surviving kids on Christmas Morning.
5. Need to Feed: Another year. Another massacre looming. When the sun rises on the Old West town of Saltwater Junction this town will face head on two fierce predators. Vampires who stalk you in the sunlight and werewolves that transform with the sunrise. This short story rewrites the legends and all you’ve ever known about these creatures of the night. Where do you go when there’s no place left to hide?
6. A Haunted House Tale: Five college students on Halloween night set out to discover the secrets of the town’s most infamous haunted house. Will these students live to see the morning or will this house claim five more victims?
7. A Zombie Thanksgiving: A woman risks life and limb in a Zombie Apocalypse in order to keep the Thanksgiving tradition alive.
8. Sandy and The Stranger: A road racing champion meets his match in the form of a stranger who may or may not be the ghost of James Dean himself.
9. Demon Energy: A short story about 1 man possessed and tormented by a 1000 demons who must fight for a soul he is starting to lose. Will he ever find salvation or is his body now an eternal host of hell?
10. Killer Treads: A short story about a man who sees a flashy ad online advertising a twenty-dollar treadmill. He buys the machine, too cheap to be scared, and realizes much to his dismay that this machine has a taste for blood. Big Bob better run like his life depends on it because in many ways it does.
11. A Zombie New Year’s Eve: Becky and Joe are separated in a Zombie Apocalypse and risk life and limb in order to reunite for their New Year’s Eve kiss.
12. Joyride: A Joyride in a Chevy Chevelle. The car was just sitting there for the taking. What could possibly go wrong? Vinnie and Mike are about to find out what can and will go wrong once they turn the key. Evil awaits.
13. A Vampire at Christmas: A Vampire uses his riches and immortal skills to bring joy to those in need during the Christmas Season.