5 out of 5 stars – Terrific plots and plenty of chills and thrills
13 tales of terror.
13 tales that will have you reaching for the nightlight before you go to bed tonight.
A man lay on a bed.
His dreams were vivid and strong–evil things done by evil beings haunted those dreams.
His soul felt lost, departed.
He wasn’t himself.
How long had he been this way?
How long had he suffered in this torment of a hellish nightmare?
He wasn’t sure.
A distant knock on the door.
No, it wasn’t a knock. It was pounding. It was the sound of breaking. The door shattered inward. He managed to turn his sweaty head, brown hair matted to his skin, face covered in a thick sweat, body covered in cuts and bruises–all self-inflicted by his fingernails and his own fists.
He felt his soul losing again. The demons were crawling around inside of him, pushing his soul back to the shadows. He had no choice but to watch. He was a passenger inside his own body.
The demons raised him into the air, levitated him for all to see. Then his small skinny frame started to spin like a pig in a roast. Spinning violently around and around and around and around, and then he stopped. He was now sideways, and looking at the crowd who had come to take him away. He hung there like a limp rag doll. His blue eyes were not his eyes. Those two orbs now belonged to the thousand demons who tormented him . . .
The stories in this chilling collection are as follows.
1. The Man from the Road: A man suddenly appears on a road. He’s lost, confused, no clue as to how he got there. He starts to walk and stops suddenly. There’s a bonfire in a field nearby. He sees people dancing around this fire. They are performing some kind of ritual. He turns to flee, but he’s captured. No chance of escape. He hopes he is only dreaming, because all of this seems a bit too real.
2. The Living Sand: Two boys discover a hidden beach and the evil deadly secrets that lie within its soft white grains of sand.
3. SHe: A monster stalks the city of Tampa Bay. This monster is only attacking women taking only the one thing it needs. Tim Roberts, a detective, is hot on this monster’s trail. Will he catch this monster in time or will this monster feed until it has its fill? Be careful Tim, this monster has a secret yet to be revealed.
4. A Zombie Christmas: Three men risk life and limb in a Zombie Apocalypse in order to bring happiness to surviving kids on Christmas Morning.
5. Need to Feed: Another year. Another massacre looming. When the sun rises on the Old West town of Saltwater Junction this town will face head on two fierce predators. Vampires who stalk you in the sunlight and werewolves that transform with the sunrise. This short story rewrites the legends and all you’ve ever known about these creatures of the night. Where do you go when there’s no place left to hide?
6. A Haunted House Tale: Five college students on Halloween night set out to discover the secrets of the town’s most infamous haunted house. Will these students live to see the morning or will this house claim five more victims?
7. A Zombie Thanksgiving: A woman risks life and limb in a Zombie Apocalypse in order to keep the Thanksgiving tradition alive.
8. Sandy and The Stranger: A road racing champion meets his match in the form of a stranger who may or may not be the ghost of James Dean himself.
9. Demon Energy: A short story about 1 man possessed and tormented by a 1000 demons who must fight for a soul he is starting to lose. Will he ever find salvation or is his body now an eternal host of hell?
10. Killer Treads: A short story about a man who sees a flashy ad online advertising a twenty-dollar treadmill. He buys the machine, too cheap to be scared, and realizes much to his dismay that this machine has a taste for blood. Big Bob better run like his life depends on it because in many ways it does.
11. A Zombie New Year’s Eve: Becky and Joe are separated in a Zombie Apocalypse and risk life and limb in order to reunite for their New Year’s Eve kiss.
12. Joyride: A Joyride in a Chevy Chevelle. The car was just sitting there for the taking. What could possibly go wrong? Vinnie and Mike are about to find out what can and will go wrong once they turn the key. Evil awaits.
13. A Vampire at Christmas: A Vampire uses his riches and immortal skills to bring joy to those in need during the Christmas Season.